One & Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas Luxury Resort Review
Vacationing in the Bahamas is the perfect tropical get-away. The weather is ideal, the ocean, breathtaking. With so many resort and hotel options, where should you stay? Well, if you’re looking for the most luxurious and rich experience, the One & Only Ocean Club on Paradise Beach is the best choice, and here’s why:
Located on Paradise Island, the One & Only Ocean Club is the top luxury resort in the Bahamas. The white sandy beach and turquoise waters surround the One & Only Ocean Club. Guests can enjoy the perfect temperature of the Bahamas all year long: 77 degrees F during the spring/summer and 73 degrees F during the fall/winter. The One & Only Ocean Club is only 40 minutes away from the Lynden Pindling International Airport where guests have complimentary access to the Graycliff Boutique and Divan airport lounge with free Wi-Fi.
- Daily yoga classes at 8am
- Beach bag
- Sunset Champagne and Strawberries each day from 5pm-7pm
- Lady Primrose toiletries
- Transfers to golf courses
- Babysitting services are offered by CPR certified caregivers. Arrangements can be made in advance.
- If guests want to unwind, they can can visit the resort’s spa. Different treatments and therapies are offered to ensure that the guests receive complete relaxation.
- With state-of-the-art equipment, the fitness center allows guests to workout as they desire. Individual training sessions are available as well.
Luxury Beachfront Room/Suite
Each beachfront room or suite has hardwood sliding doors that open to a view of Paradise Beach from a private terrace or balcony. Hardwood floors and a king-size bed make the Luxury Beachfront Room both comfortable and elegant. Rooms come with a satellite TV and DVD player, iHomes, WiFi, and private service bar.
Luxury Oceanview Suite (1-2 bedroom)
The garden room opens up into a view of the lush One & Only Ocean Club gardens. King-size beds and light colored decor make the rooms large and spacious. Bathrooms include a rain shower and separate bath. Rooms come with a satellite TV and DVD player, iHomes, WiFi, and private service bar.
Nestled in the center of One & Only Ocean Club’s lush gardens, the garden cottages offer guests privacy and seclusion while maintaining the level of luxury the rest of the resort exudes. Each garden cottage has two rooms, a private courtyard, and plunge pool. Guests can enjoy the magnificence of the interior decoration with king-size beds, spacious living areas, and twin vanity sinks. Simply opening the french doors leads out into the private courtyard, perfect for dining and basking in the sun. Bedrooms come with a satellite TV and DVD player, iHomes, WiFi, and private service bar.
Villa Residence (3-4 bedroom)
Guests can enjoy the ultimate Bahamian experience in luxury with the villa residences. Each villa comes stocked with a personal butler, housekeeping staff, personal chef and fully equipped kitchen. Whether guests choose the 3-bedroom or 4-bedroom option, villas include two master bedrooms with king-size beds, private sundeck, indoor/outdoor rainshower and jetted bath. The extra bedroom(s) include two queen-size beds, twin vanity sinks and private patio. The living area boasts the idyllic tropical view with floor to ceiling doors open to reveal the infinity edge-pool and ocean. Marble floors, a gated entry, dining patio and jacuzzi make up some of the lavish details the One & Only Ocean Club villa residences offer.
Food & Drink:
Whether you want something refreshing to drink while you’re swimming, or it is family dinner time, the One and Only Ocean Club has many fine cuisine options for guests. Dune, a French-Asian restaurant, has a menu for all meals from professional chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten. This restaurant overlooks the ocean and has an open kitchen, patio, and bar. Poolside cafes and grills are also available.
Things to Do:
- For the active folk, or simply those who want to personally explore the beautiful Paradise Beach, there is a beautiful jogging trail around the resort.
- Guests can further enjoy the nice weather by playing tennis on one of the 6 courts, or grabbing the complimentary bikes and going for a ride around the island.
- A well-known feature of the One & Only Ocean Club is the 18-hole expansive golf course. Located right on the beach, guests can play on this par-72 course while enjoying the incredible views of Paradise Beach.
- To soak up the beauty of the sun and relax, complimentary yoga classes are offered to guests on the beach deck.
- Visiting the Bahamas wouldn’t be a vacation without swimming. Just at this resort, guests can swim at: the family pool with a waterfall, the Versailles pool with fresh water for adults age 14 and older, the New Ocean pool views of the sea and fresh food from the nearby New Ocean grill, and the pristine beach.
- Explore the ocean by snorkeling the Great Bahama Bank, taking a yacht, or fishing excursion.
- For children, there are kids-only activities including a clubhouse and dining facilities.
- Kids and adults alike will want to visit the nearby water park, Atlantis.
- Nothing says luxury quite like designer items and within the resort guest can check out the Neo Boutique and shop for their favorite name-brand pieces.
- Entertainment is offered nightly on Paradise Beach, while adults can slip away to the nightclub or casino.