Iberostar Bahia Luxury Resort Review
Nestled right up against Praia do Forte beach, the Iberostar Bahia is the perfect choice for beach-seeking vacationers. Praia do Forte is a beach that serves as a natural preserve for sea turtles, a home for humpback whales, and some of the most amazing coral reefs in Brazil.
The Open-Air Marine Turtle Museum is right around the corner too. Looking to visit natural habitats? The beautifully diverse Atlantic Forest with its many lakes and wildlife is located near the Iberostar Bahia. For those who love exploring cities, Brazil’s most international city, Salvador, is only 45 miles away from this resort.
Style & Character:
itting this close to the ocean, the Iberostar Bahia maintains the tropical beauty of Praia do Forte. Hotel decor reflects the Brazilian style perfectly. Iberostar Bahia seeks to provide the maximum amount of comfort and convenience to guests. The feel of luxury permeates throughout the resort as guests walk through the front entrance, swim in the pools, and lounge in the outdoor spa. Whether you are visiting the Iberostar Bahia for your honeymoon, family vacation, or trip with friends, the style of this resort is versatile and inclusive to all.
The Iberostar Bahia has many services for its guests depending on needs. All tips and taxes are included, and free breakfast is offered for guests each morning.
This resort has 4 beach front pools, with separate pools for children, outdoor tennis courts, and recreational facilities.
For subcharges, guests can enjoy massages on the beach, visits to the resort’s spa and even have their children tended to while they are out. Iberostar Bahia has a hair salon, shopping centers, and even a baby room complete with bottle heaters and baby food.
When each room has a beautiful view, guests can’t go wrong in choosing which room to sty in. Starting rates are $141.
- Standard Room: $141, includes garden view, two double beds or one king size bed.
- Standard Ocean Front: $175, includes ocean front view, two double beds or one king size bed, mini bar, bathrooms and slippers.
- Superior Ocean Front: $175, includes ocean front view, two balconies, two double beds or one king size bed, bathrooms and slippers, welcome pack for adults.
- Junior Suite Ocean Front: $195, includes ocean front view, access to spa wet areas, two double beds or one king size bed, bathrooms and slippers, welcome pack for adults
Food & Drink:
The Iberostar Bahia is known for its dining options. This all-inclusive resort gives guests flavors from five different restaurants including traditional Brazilian grills, to Mediterranean seafood, French cuisine, and Japanese kitchens.
While relaxing in one of the four pools, guests can swim over to La Perla Aqua Bar for drinks. If guests get hungry while lounging out by the pool, La Palma is an on site, outdoor restaurant featuring burgers and pizzas. Room service rates require a subcharge.
Things to Do:
While staying at the Iberostar Bahia resort, there are many ‘must-see’s’ and ‘must do’s’. Here are some of our favorites:
- If you have a car or transportation, visit the Castelo da Torre de Garcia d’Avila. This castle was built back in 1552 and was the first Portuguese edifice in Brazil. Visiting these castle ruins will not disappoint!
- If you’re staying at the Praia do Forte beach, you can’t miss the Projeto Tomar. The entire beach is a natural preserve for sea turtles, but the Projeto Tomar has unique features. If visiting during February-April, you might see the hatching of baby turtles! This location is the perfect family activity there are interesting and informative things to do for adults, and child-friendly features like petting tanks, and close up turtles.
- Enjoy Iberostar Bahia’s outdoor recreational activities: golf, tennis, paddle-boarding, beach volleyball, riflery, archery, water polo, and even aerobic classes on the beach.
- Grab an ice cream cone at a local favorite, Doce Gelato Sorveteria.
- Stick around the resort for daily family entertainment: children’s club, mini discotheque, dancing and evening theatre shows.
- Explore the area with Portomar Passeios Turisticos. You can get guided tours or simply rent four-wheelers or kayaks and cruise around!