Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa
Looking for the ultimate getaway vacation? Consider visiting the Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa, located on Gaya Island in Malaysia. Accessible by ferry, the resort is the perfect place to escape and enjoy a honeymoon, family vacation, or wedding. Experience the beauty of Gaya Island with the Gaya Island Resort.
Is there anything cooler than needing a boat to take you to your destination? Fly into the Kota Kinabalu International Airport in Malaysia and catch a ride to the Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal. From there, it’s a quick boat ride to the beautiful Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa. This destination is truly a secluded, tropical getaway.
Style & Character
The Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa is all about enjoying the natural beauty of the island. There is a tropical, luxurious vibe on the resort. The architecture and decorations resonate the feeling of a tropical paradise, and there are bright accent colors that make the resort feel vibrant. Plus, the resort is located on the beach to ensure you’re always close to the water and have the best views of the ocean.
The Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa offers various different housing options to ensure that your individual housing needs are met. Check out their housing options below.
- Superior Villa: Located towards in the center of the island, Superior Villas are one-bedroom villas that allow for quiet privacy and an unrivaled view of the jungle and ocean.
- Deluxe Villa: Deluxe Villas are ideal for small families or groups of friends, or for anyone who wants extra space. The Deluxe Villas have a living room, which can serve as a second bedroom.
- Plunge Pool Villa: Located on the beach, the Plunge Pool Villa has its own private pool and open-deck balcony. Enjoy the view of the ocean on your private deck or soak in the bathtub in the spacious bathroom.
- Treehouse Villa: The Treehouse Villa is perfect for honeymooners, couples, or anyone looking for more privacy than the average guest. Partially hidden by trees, the villa sits in the jungle and has a private jungle plunge pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, and a spacious shower.
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Suite: This housing option is perfect for families traveling together.
The suite is surrounded by the jungle and the ocean and has a king-sized bed along with a twin-sized bed. Plus, there is a gorgeous, fully-furnished balcony.
- 3-Bedroom Deluxe Suite: This suite offers an incredible view of the ocean because it is located on the highest point of the resort. The two-story villa has a master bedroom with its own luxury bath, along with two downstairs bedrooms, a private pool, and a wrap-around deck.
- The Royal Villa: The Royal Villa is a two bedroom, private villa. The tropical villa comes with a butler, chef, and housekeeper who will be at your service around the clock. Enjoy a large outdoor deck with two private pools, a BBQ pit, and a private beach. This villa is the epitome of luxury and relaxation.
Food & Drink
There is no shortage of food to enjoy when you stay at the Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa. Enjoy gourmet food served to you as you relax on the beach, work on your tan by the blue pool, or take a dip in the ocean.
Read about some of the restaurants at the resort:
- Pantai Grill: Set on the beach, Pantai Grill offers a variety of delicious meats and seafood that are grilled as you order. The grill opens for lunch and closes at sunset.
- The Wine Cave: The underground wine cellar is home to over 4,500 bottles of wine, along with a collection of cigars. You can also host private events in a special lounge.
- The Koi: Located in the heart of the resort, The Koi is the main restaurant. The pool is located just in front of The Koi so you can order drinks and snacks to enjoy while you swim. It’s open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- Meeting Rooms: The Gayana, Malohom, and Jesselton meeting rooms can all be used for private events such as weddings, conferences, or any other event you’d like. The rooms can hold anywhere from 70 to 200 people.
Things To Do
There are a myriad of activities to enjoy when you stay and the Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa. For this Gaya Island resort review, we recommend that you enjoy one of the following activities during your stay:
- Relax at the Solace Spa
- Explore the island
- Scuba dive
- Hike through the jungle
- Swim in the ocean or the pool