Bushman’s Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat
Bushman’s Kloff Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat offers the experience of a lifetime. This luxury South African hotel will impress you from the minute you arrive. Find out what makes this resort so unique and why it should be the destination for your next vacation.
Surrounded by sandstone formations, ancients bush art sites, and open plains, the Bushman’s Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat is a gorgeous oasis. Full of awe-inspiring activities and one-in-a-lifetime dining experiences, it’s the perfect place for a family adventure. Located in the Cederberg Mountains, this resort has everything you could need for your next big quest.
Bushman Kloof has a wide range of amenities to ensure your stay will be as enjoyable as possible. These amenities include:
- Air conditioning
- Discreet housekeeping that visits three times a day
- Wireless internet
- Tea and coffee units
Bushman Kloof offers a range of luxurious rooms, suites, and a private villa. The resort can accommodate up to 34 guests. Read more about the different accommodations below.
- Luxury rooms all have private patios to enjoy nature and bathrooms in each suite. The room is furnished with air conditioning, ceiling fans, and under-floor heating. The luxury rooms are also close to one of the four swimming pools at the lodge.
- Deluxe rooms are individually designed with elegance in mind. Some Deluxe Rooms also have a fireplace for winter evenings. Each room has a lounge area, television, separate bath and shower, and housekeeping services.
- Niven Family Deluxe Room is perfect for families and groups traveling together. The suite has a master bedroom with a king-sized bed, along with a secondary room with a twin or double bed, and two bathrooms. There’s also a large, private terrace.
- The Paterson Suite is located in the restored farmhouse on the resort. It includes a fireplace, private patio, and separate lounge area. Snuggle up in luxurious sheets on a king-sized bed and enjoy the television.
- The Riverside Supreme Suite is perched on the banks of the Boontjies River. The elegant, timeless suite has a separate lounge with a fireplace, large terrace, outdoor shower, and large private patio. It’s perfect for those looking for more seclusion or those who want to enjoy the nature surrounding the resort.
- The Koro Lodge is a renovated farmhouse that’s been transformed into a villa. Surrounded by wilderness and wildlife, it’s a private villa just for you and your family. The lodge can comfortably hold up to 10 guests. Completely independent from the rest of the resort, the villas has its own chef and guide.
Food & Drink
Although staying in the Bushman Kloof might make you feel like you’ve stolen away into another world, there is still plenty of variety when it comes to food options.
The Homestead, which is a dining room and terrace area in the heart of the resort, is a formal dining room. Attentive staff will serve your food, ensuring you enjoy each and every bite. There are two lounges. One longue has a fireplace and the other has a flat-screen TV.
The Makana dining area, which means “to feast” in the ancient San language, lives up to its name. The outside seating means you can enjoy your food surrounded by nature, and there are twin fireplaces you can enjoy in the lounge. Enjoy High Tea or a candlelit dinner here. Either way, it’s hard to go wrong when dining at Makana.
If you’re looking for a more secluded dining experience, visit the Kadoro. Kadoro, or “tinderbox of stories” is the perfect name for this rustic dining experience. Renovated from an old shepherd’s house, the structure is in the heart of the reserve. This dining experience is available only by request.
Embers offers the experience to eat your meal under the billions of stars in the Milky Way. Placed on a cliff overlooking the valley below, Embers offers a dining experience you will never forget. Enjoy a South African salad buffet and home baked breads along with grilled meats and dessert.
Things to Do
There are endless things to do at the Bushman’s Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat. Some of our adventures include:
- Rock Art & Heritage: learn about the Bushman tribes who lived in the Cederberg Mountains for 120,000 years and their art.
- Hike & Bike: There are many trails for both beginners and experts on the resort. Enjoy nature by spending time biking or hiking our trails. Backpacks full of treats, maps, and other items are provided.
- Canoeing & Swimming: Cool down in one the many streams or pools available on our reserve.
- Meditation & Healing: Relax and enjoy nature while enjoying a yoga session or take part in a crystal healing session at the spa.