JA Manafaru in the Maldives
The JA Manafaru is a gorgeous beach getaway and one of the best hotels in the Maldives. There is truly nothing more spectacular than waking up in one of these breathtaking villas and looking out over the vast ocean. This hotel epitomizes seclusion since it is only accessible by boat or seaplane. Read more to learn about this luxury resort.
The JA Manafaru covers the expanse of the Haa Alifu Atoll. Just 300 km North of Malé, the white sandy beaches and clear blue oceans are typical of the gorgeous Maldives Islands. This resort is perfect for a secluded getaway. The blue lagoons, extensive coral reefs and vast open spaces define what paradise is.
Guests can arrive at the JA Manafaru by flying into Malé International Airport where they will be greeted by a host from the resort and personally escorted to the resort. From the airport, the JA Manafaru is a 75-minute trip via seaplane transport. Guests can also fly into Hanimaadhoo Domestic Airport and take a speedboat to the resort.
Style & Character
Each of the 84 villas and suites are designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding area. The beauty of the island is the focal point of the hotel and the natural beauty of the ocean and beaches is highlighted in the decor and architecture. This luxury hotel doesn’t detracting from the gorgeous views, but allow guests to embrace their surroundings. Whether you stay beachfront, or in an overwater villa, your view will be stunning.
JA Manafaru has all of the modern conveniences you would expect from a 5-star hotel. The hotel has free Wifi, a fully-equipped 24-hour gym, a serene and relaxing spa, golf carts to get around the island, and a welcome drink for all guests upon arrival. Also, the JA Manafaru is equipped to cater to families, including infants and small children, throughout the hotel. The staff is very experienced and does a great job anticipating needs.
All of the rooms come feature amazing views and gorgeous decorations. They favor sun-soaked seating with plenty of loungers and areas to take in your surroundings. Learn more about the accommodations below:
- Beach Bungalows: Situated on the beach, the Beach Bungalows provide complete privacy just a few steps away from the deep blue ocean. Complete with a gorgeous private pool, they are made with a stunning combination of dark wood and grey stone.
- Sunrise and Sunrise Water Villas: These gorgeous villas are built on the ocean facing the sunrise and sunset respectively. With glass floors for gazing at marine life, an infinity pool flowing to the ocean and an open-sky bathroom.
- One-Bedroom Beach: The One-Bedroom Suites are gorgeously decorated, beachfront villas with private pools and additional outdoor and indoor space for lounging.
- Grand Water Two: These two-bedroom suites are located at the end of each strip of water villas, giving guests direct access to the lagoons.
- Royal Island Two: There are only 2 of these luxury two-bedroom suites perfect for groups and large families. The beachfront two-story suites even come with their own spa facilities and treatment rooms.
- Royal Residence: The Royal Residence is a two-story suite is the ultimate luxury stay at JA Manafaru. The large living and lounging spaces are perfect for big groups, and guests are privy to a private beach and cabana.
Food & Drink
Get a taste of the Maldives in one of the resort’s restaurants. There are plenty of options to choose from. Get more details below:
- White Orchid: Your taste buds will journey across Asia with this fusion fare blend of Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and Thai dishes. Plus, the White Orchid is an over-water restaurant bungalow.
- Ocean Grill: The Ocean Grill is an oceanside restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and steak. The seafood is stored in the pond and the organic flavors and veggies come from a resort-owned garden on the island.
- Kakuni: This international buffet offers an exquisite journey through the island’s tradition and Maldivian cuisine for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The Cellar: The Cellar is an underwater restaurant that offers a deluxe, romantic experience with an extensive selection of the finest labels paired beautifully with their delectable cuisine.
- Infinity Bar and Pool: This poolside bar offers lounging guests gourmet sandwiches, salads, and snacks from morning to afternoon.
- Andiamo Bistro and Pool: A gorgeous poolside bistro with Mediterranean influence offers a delightful excitement to your taste buds after a day of lounging by the pool.
- Horizon Lounge: Dedicated to watching the sun’s color spectrums, this charming bar serves guests in a serene, over-water lounge. Stop by for drinks, shakes, coffee or Ice cream.
Things To Do
JA Manafaru is designed for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Due to its secluded location, there is nothing on the island other than the resort property. As a result, guests should expect to spend most of their time relaxing and taking in the gorgeous scenery. There are always activities you can do on the ocean such as snorkeling, windsurfing, paddle boarding, and catamaran sailing. Alternatively, you can go to one of the two uninhabited islands the resorts owns for the ultimate secluded experience.
For more details about luxury resorts around the world, check out our other hotel reviews.