Crowne Plaza Resort in Colchester, England
Located on the outskirts of Colchester, the Crowne Plaza Resort is surrounded by 320 acres of lush parkland, and two contrasting golf courses suited to any skill level. The hotel is only 8 miles from historic downtown Colchester, claimed to be the oldest town in England, and visitors can enjoy both the Colchester Castle and the River Colne. Downtown London is only an hour away via the A12, and airports and train stations are all close by for convenience.
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Large LCD TV’s
- On Demand movies
- 24 Hour room service
- Fully stocked mini bar available upon request
- Indoor pool
- Spa facilities
- Meeting and conference rooms
- Dedicated Event Manager
Standard & Superior Rooms:
The 34 executive rooms offer not only gorgeously comfortable double or twin beds, but the little luxuries that make vacationing an extra special delight like, fluffy bath towels, and panoramic views of the golf course and lake.
The suite option is a little bit bigger and provides a king size bed, large ensuite bathrooms, and exclusive balconies overlooking the views of Colchester. Suites provide extra comfort with their separate foyer and living room areas.
The village rooms are larger and specially designed to serve larger groups of people. Many guests have used the village room to accommodate wedding parties, business groups, or large families. Each room overlooks the green lawns and lake, all while being close to the hotel facilities.
The Grill Room:
The Grill room features the most relaxing and elegant dining atmosphere. The food served is all local and seasonal produce and meats. The Grill is open Friday and Saturday nights, and is known for their perfect Dedham Vale Beef, aged for 21-28 days before serving.
Bar Lacu is the perfect spot for a laid-back conversation and friendly gathering. The Manhattan style bar features a wide array of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, a well as snacks, salads, and tapas throughout the day.
Never miss out on your caffeinated beverage of choice, even while on vacation. The conveniently located Starbucks is perfect for an early morning cup of coffee, or an evening treat while you walk the streets of England.
Pulse President Nightclub:
Dance the stress away at Pulse President Nightclub after a day of lounging and golfing. The nightclub is open Friday and Saturday nights. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, and is a great opportunity to meet other guests staying in the area.
Things to Do:
- Enjoy the luxurious spa services including a hot stone massage or expertly delivered reflexology.
- Play a game of soccer on the full sized football pitch.
- Improve your golf game by taking a class from one of our trained golf professionals.
- Golf with the pros on two 18-hole courses, a covered driving range, a short-game practice area, and more.
- Explore historic downtown Colchester, just 10 minutes away.
- Have a picnic at castle park and enjoy the view of the Colchester castle and colorful gardens.
- Take a walk through the Beth Chatto Gardens and enjoy plants of all different kinds.