Segera Retreat, Laikipia, Kenya
The Segera Retreat is full of luxury and adventure. From the holistic wellness spas to the African safaris and helicopter tours, this retreat will be your home away from home. The natural wildlife of Kenya and the high class modern feel of the retreat is invigorating yet relaxing. The natural landscape is breathtaking and a great cultural experience for a couple in love or even for the entire family. See what else makes this resort so unique.
Located in Laikipia, Kenya, the Segera Retreat is encompassed by a rich environment with over 40 indigenous groups and languages. In between Mount Kenya and the Great Rift Valley, Segera’s whimsical waterfalls, botanical gardens and savannah plains offer an experience of adventure and grandeur. With the second largest density of wildlife, herds of elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards and giraffes can be seen in their natural habitat near the natural spring by the retreat.
Style & Character
Rich with indigenous euphorbia trees, the Segera Retreat incorporates the native landscape and beauty of Kenya in a modern way.The wine cellar tower along with the natural stone and wooden elements creates an irresistible allure. The retreat’s relaxing zen gardens allow true vitality and a connection with nature. With environmentally-friendly technology, the Segera Retreat is a redefined and improved definition of luxury.
With elevated villas, pools, daybeds, bars, and lounge areas, the Segera Retreat is full of opulence. Pure relaxation is found at the on-site wellness center where they offer transformative holistic treatments and therapies. These treatments include the following:
- Spa: The resort’s spa includes scrubs, facials, body therapies, and massage treatments that will define serenity.
- Rasul: The Rasul steam tower allows guests a truly therapeutic spa experience that revitalizes skin and opens up the body’s pores so that the skin is receptive to healthy natural minerals and nutrients.
- Yoga: The retreat’s natural botanical gardens and designated private areas are perfect for our team to lead yoga classes. This holistic experience offers daily raw food menus, juices and outdoor nature activities that will help develop spirit, body, and intellect.
- Gym: The high-tech gym is located next to the spa so that you can strengthen your body in solitude.
With three different types of lodging areas, the mixture of new and traditional buildings allows for the idealistic upscale yet native atmosphere. Read about the different living accommodations below:
- Villas: A modern room with beautiful scenic views, these rooms are truly magnificent. Their private decks overlook the savannah and gardens. These villas come with an attendant to look after your every need.
- Villa Segera: A perfect getaway for lovers, these two wooden buildings are connected by a swing bridge. This room has a private dining area, salt water swimming pool, high-class lounge areas and a large ensuite bedroom.
- Segera House: Frosted with jeweled chandeliers, this villa is the highlight of the Retreat. With 3 indoor lunges, a double-volume reception area, an indoor/outdoor living room, private garden cool plunge pool, and a staircase fit for a king, this house is the interpretation of luxury. Two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and decks looking out on the landscape of Kenya, it’s a villa will have you never wanting to leave.
Food & Drink
Menus that focus on all natural and fresh ingredients, whether it is by the villa swimming pool or the secluded villa lounge, dining at the Segera Retreat is always an exciting escapade. There are multiple locations to eat at the retreat including the Wine Tower, the Paddock House the stable gallery, and the Explorer Lounge. These eclectic dining venues will allow your taste buds to soar while you enjoy the stunning views of the wildlife and natural plains.
Things to Do
This retreat is nothing short of adventure and the activities are endless. Below are a list of great experience you and your loved ones can have while staying at the Segera Retreat.
- Out of Africa Experience: Based off of the Oscar-Winning move ‘Out of Africa’ and its staple G-AAMY yellow biplane, you and other guests can fly and experience an exclusive African safari in the G-AAMY.
- Safari: A popular adventure at the retreat, the wildlife safaris feature herds of elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes, antelope, and even the endangered Grevy’s zebra and Patas monkey. These safaris are great for families.
- Art: The Segera, a branch of the Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) located in Cape Town, displays breathtaking and challenging artwork that is within the Zeitz Collection. The Segera also contains sculpture gardens that include bronze and steel masterpieces.
- Helicopter Excursions: Partnered with Tropic Air, the Segera offers their guests exclusive helicopter rides to discover the various landscapes and regions of Kenya.