Alvear Palace Hotel in Buenos Aires
Found in the heart of South America, Argentina is a gorgeous country with a unique European flair. Due to the charm of its French architecture and the elegance of its residents, the country’s capital city of Buenos Aires has been dubbed the Paris of South America by tourists. Alvear Palace Hotel is the perfect place to stay for anyone who wishes to enjoy the beauty that Argentina has to offer, both inside and outside the hotel.
Alvear Palace Hotel is located in a refined neighborhood called La Recoleta, an affluent area that’s home to parks, wide avenues, traditional cafés, restaurants, museums, mansions and top international brand stores. Guests can arrive at the hotel by flying into Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE) and taking an airport shuttle or taxi.
Style & Character
The hotel is decorated in the lavish Empire and Louis XV styles that embody both the second phase of France’s Romantic movement in the early 19th century and the Rococo style of the 18th century. The ornate decor is paired with modern design and sophisticated luxuries to create Alvear Palace Hotel’s signature style. This classic design has attracted guests like Nelson Mandela and Sofia Loren.
Some of the many amenities offered at the Alvear Palace Hotel include:
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Fresh fruit basket on day of arrival
- Complimentary drink and special VIP courtesy treatment in superior Suites
- Complimentary pressing of one garment per person on day of arrival
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Butler service
Due to the diversity of the hotel’s 207 stunning rooms and suites, it is easy for guests to find an option that’s perfect for them. Here are the 3 different categories of rooms and suites at the Alvear Palace Hotel:
- Lounge Suites: The hotel’s Lounge Suites range from 45 to 95 square meters in size. They maintain the classic French architecture seen in the rest of the hotel. The suites’ contemporary furniture, exquisite fabrics, and pure wool carpets create a serene atmosphere for guests who are lucky enough to stay in them. These particular suites also feature a bedroom adjacent to the living room and bathrooms clad in Carrara and Marquina black marble with have separate bathtub and a shower box.
- Grand Suites: Ranging from 60 to 176 square meters, the Grand Suites are even more luxurious than the Lounge Suites. Guests who stay here can choose from a variety of spacious rooms, each with their own flair. For example, the Governor Suite has exclusive carpet designs with bronze and crystal chandeliers, and the Royal Suite has a dining room large enough to accommodate 8 guests, making it ideal for hosting small gatherings.
- Rooms & Suites: For guests that are looking for a smaller, more practical place to stay, there are also rooms and suites ranging from 27 to 55 square meters that are the perfect choice. Though a bit smaller, these rooms still exude the same sophisticated French style as the other suites.
Food & Drink
The hotel is also home to several restaurants—La Bourgogne, L’Orangerie, the Lobby Bar, the Alvear Roof Bar, and La Boutique de Jean Paul. Some of these restaurants are noted as the finest in the city.
- La Bourgogne: Refined French cuisine is prepared by the Grand Chef Relais & Châteaux Jean Paul Bondoux at the hotel’s premier restaurant, La Bourgogne.
- L’Orangerie: This traditional Argentinian meeting place is ideal for enjoying a decadent breakfast, an international lunch buffet, or afternoon tea.
- The Lobby Bar: The Lobby Bar has long been a meeting place for some of Buenos Aires’s most notable businessmen and celebrities. It offers delicious appetizers and a variety of the best international drinks.
- The Alvear Roof Bar: Located on the roof of the hotel, guests that dine here can enjoy a beautiful view of Buenos Aires while sharing snacks and beverages with friends.
- La Boutique de Jean Paul: A recent addition to the hotel, La Boutique de Jean Paul is a special area where visitors can enjoy the gourmet delicacies prepared carefully by the chef.
Things To Do
Because of the hotel’s location in such an iconic and popular neighborhood of Buenos Aires, there are endless things to do while staying at the Alvear Palace Hotel. Guests can explore the city and check out top sites such as the nearby La Recoleta Cemetery, the Casa Rosada, the Colon Theater, the San Martín Plaza, and many more.
Within the hotel, guests can take advantage of the spa, fitness center, heated pool, and wellness area that features steam baths, saunas, pressure showers, ludic pool, and relaxation rooms.
Schedule your stay at the luxurious Alvear Palace Hotel in Buenos Aires soon to get a taste of all that Argentina has to offer. And check out other reviews of luxury hotels at Luxury Trip Review.