The Upper House in Hong Kong
Choosing the perfect place to stay in such an intimidatingly large and crowded city as Hong Kong may seem daunting, but luckily The Upper House is here to provide a peaceful refuge from the city that can’t be beat.
The location of The Upper House is ideal for exploring all that Hong Kong has to offer. Minutes from The Upper House are a plethora of stores, boutiques, galleries, and more, all of which are in the shadow of some of the world’s most spectacular skyscrapers. And luckily, The Upper House isn’t too far distance from the Hong Kong International Airport. Guests can arrange a house car to pick them up from the airport or take the Airport Express train and arrive at the hotel in just 25 minutes.
Style & Character
The Upper House has a peaceful, contemporary style that subtly draws its influence from modern Asian design. Guests will notice the beautiful symmetry, simplicity, and clean lines throughout the hotel. Natural materials such as light-colored wood and stone are utilized in the decor throughout the hotel, giving it a clean and modern feel.
The following are some of the amenities available in the rooms of this upscale hotel:
- Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed internet access
- 42” LCD TV with 2.1 surround sound
- Dual-temperature wine fridge
- Complimentary Maxi Bar and espresso machine
- Dressing rooms
The hotel’s 117 studios and suites are surprisingly spacious, featuring natural materials and gorgeous bathrooms. Learn more about the types of rooms at The Upper House below:
- Studio 70: Due to their location on levels 38 and above, guests who stay in Studio 70 rooms get to enjoy breathtaking views of Hong Kong from on high. The rooms are an impressive 739 square feet, and feature a king size bed and a luxurious spa-inspired bathroom.
- Studio 80: These spacious 850-square-foot rooms are the ideal place to unwind, with their walk-in rain showers and freestanding limestone bathtubs that overlook the Hong Kong skyline.
- Upper Suites: Guests can enjoy captivating views of the city from the L-shaped living room sofas, window seats, or limestone-clad bathtubs. These suites also have a separate bedroom with a king size bed and a spa-inspired bathroom. At 1,230 square feet, this suite truly feels like a home away from home.
- Penthouses: The Upper House penthouses are an expansive suite of rooms inside a 1,962-square-foot space that is both modern and comfortable. They also boast a stunning panoramic view of Hong Kong from all of the penthouse’s rooms including the living room and the 2 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Food & Drink
The Upper House is home to Café Gray Deluxe, an acclaimed restaurant run by Chef Gray Kunz. The elegantly modern cuisine offered at the restaurant is inspired by organic seasonal ingredients and draws influence from the chef’s many years of experience in European, Asian and American kitchens.
Café Gray Deluxe also has a handsome bar where guests can enjoy a delicious drink or bite of food from the restaurant while chatting with friends and taking in the compelling views of the city.
Things To Do
Because The Upper House is situated in such a big city, guests can shop at a wide variety of brand name stores and boutiques, stroll through traditional neighborhoods, or dine in one of the many world class restaurants nearby. If the hustle and bustle of the big city isn’t their thing, guests can also go hiking on trails through nearby country parks instead.
Be sure to schedule your stay at The Upper House for an unforgettable adventure in Hong Kong! And check out our other reviews at Luxury Trip Review.