Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail, Colorado
The Sonnenalp Hotel is situated in beautiful Vail, Colorado and offers countless things to do all year long. This hotel boasts luxurious rooms, fine dining, many activities and services, shopping, and much more.
The location of the Sonnenalp Hotel is nestled in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains of Vail, Colorado. Located just two hours from Denver International Airport, visitors will feel like they can get out of the big city and still have all the amenities they desire. Visitors love Vail in all seasons of the year because of the many different activities and events that are always going on.
Style and Character
Because Vail is a ski town in the winter and bustling outdoors town in the summer, the Sonnenalp is made to enjoy in every season of the year. Rooms are decorated with natural wood finishings to create a rustic atmosphere, while natural stone in the bathrooms make them feel luxurious. The sophisticated design that ties in contemporary and rustic elements will ensure your vacation at the Sonnenalp is a memorable one.
Amenities and Activities
The Sonnenalp and Vail offer numerous activities. Some of which include:
- Fitness center with daily classes
- Spa with various packages
- Restaurants and bars
- Kids club
- Meetings and weddings
And they offer planned, seasonal activities so that you can enjoy the outdoors with the whole family.
- Semi-private golf course with Sonnenalp preferred tee times
- Hiking tours
- Paddle boards
- Horseback rides
- Poolside paint pottery
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Sonnenalp ski concierge
- Guided snowshoeing
- Ice skating
- Dog sledding
There are a number of rooms in order to accommodate any size party. Read more about the rooms offered at the resort.
Juniper Hotel Rooms
The Juniper hotel rooms offer one king bed or two doubles and are very comfortably situated. The bathrooms offer a tub/shower combo, double vanities, and heated marble floors. Guests also enjoy flat-screen televisions and complimentary Internet.
Most Junior suites are for two guests, while some offer enough space for three. All suites are very comfortable and many offer stunning mountain views. Guests enjoy spacious bathrooms, complimentary Internet, air conditioning, fireplaces, and humidifiers.
The four varieties of one-bedroom suites are Mill Creek Suites, Cross Creek Suites, Bald Mountain Suites, and Gore Creek Suites. These suites offer gorgeous bedrooms and living areas with some of the rooms showing beautiful mountain views. The Mill Creek Suites are bi-level and all suites have gas log fireplaces.
Two Bedroom Suites
The two bedroom suites consist of Golden Peak Suites, Vail Mountain Suites – One Level, Vail Mountain Suites – Two Level, and Castle Peak Suites. All of these suites offer private master bathrooms with large soaking tubs, separate showers, heated marble floors, and double vanities. All of the suites also provide gas log fireplaces and complimentary Internet.
One Willow Bridge Road Residences
The One Willow Bridge Road Residences present two, three, and four bedroom residences. Some of these residences sleep up to eight people and offer very spacious areas. These rooms feature elegant furnishings, designer baths, and gourmet kitchens. There are also numerous dining options and quick access to the shopping of Vail Village.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet and relaxing dinner or a lively music event, the Sonnenalp has you covered. Here is a list of some of their top dining venues.
- Ludwig’s boasts the “best breakfast in Vail” with their European style buffet. Their European cuisine dinner menu is one that you don’t want to miss. Plus, it is entirely gluten free. Visitors enjoy everything from bread to pasta at Ludwig’s.
- Swiss Chalet Restaurant offers traditional European cuisine and is loved by many visitors. Guests enjoy items like Käse Spätzle and fondues for dinner followed by Austrian apple strudel and chocolate fondue for dessert.
- Bully Ranch is a casual, western-style restaurant with a Southwestern and American menu. Things like chicken wings, artichoke dips, and Famous Bully Burgers are what you find at Bully Ranch. It is also one of the only restaurants in Vail to provide a dog friendly patio.
- King’s Club is a well-known gathering spot in Vail. People go after a day on the mountains to unwind and meet new people. Drinks, coffees, and desserts are offered along with live musicians.
If you are looking for a great getaway spot to the mountains, look no further than the Sonnenalp. Reserve your room today and be sure to check out the many other luxurious resorts at Luxury Trip Review.