Samoset Resort on the Ocean
Situated on 230 oceanfront acres on the coast of Maine, the Samoset Resort is the perfect getaway for couples, families, and even family reunions. The resort is located between Penobscot Bay and a lush green hillside. Founded over 100 years ago, the resort offers luxurious accommodations, amazing dinings, and a variety of activities for all ages.
There are a variety of options when it comes to staying at the Samoset Resort.
- Standard View Rooms: Each standard guest room has all of the standard amenities, as well as a private balcony.
- Garden View Rooms: Each Garden Video Room overlooks the golf course, gardens, or outdoor pool.
- Partial Ocean View: Guests staying in these rooms will enjoy views of Penobscot Bay or Rockland Harbor, along with a private balcony which is perfect for watching the sunrise and sunset.
- Ocean Front: Each of these suites has gorgeous views of Rockland Harbor or Penobscot Bay, along with a private balcony.
- Deluxe Ocean Front: Enjoy views of Rockland Harbor and the historic lighthouse in these suites, along with oversized bathrooms that include soaking tubs and glass surrounded showers.
- Ocean View Hot Tub Suites: Each suite comes with its own spacious balcony and luxurious hot tub overlooking Penobscot Bay. These suites also come with a sitting area with a queen sofa bed.
- Ocean View Suites: Each of our Ocean View Suites are located on the top floor of the resort, ensuring you’ll have a picture-perfect view of the ocean from your private balcony. These suites also come with a sitting area with a queen sofa bed.
- Garden View Suites: The spacious Garden View Suites are also located on the top floor of our resort and look out over the giant 200,000-gallon outdoor pool. These suites also come with a sitting area with a queen sofa bed.
- Flume Cottage: The most luxurious and exclusive cottage available, the Flume Cottage offers a unique seaside retreat with an amazing view of Penobscot Bay. The 1,500-square-foot cottage has two bedrooms, each with a king size bed.
- Wind Draft Cottage: The cottage has two luxurious bedrooms, complete with king size beds, and can sleep up to four guests. Each bathroom has heated floors and the kitchen comes with granite counters and all the dishware you need. The Wind Draft Cottage also has a stackable washer/dryer, a spacious living room, and TVs located in each bedroom.
- Sea Spray and Spring Tide Cottages: Both cottages are one-bedroom cottages perfect for a couple’s getaway. Each cottage comes with a fully-equipped kitchen, granite countertops, a gas fireplace, flat-screen TV, stackage washer/dryer, and a king size bed.
Food & Dining
There are endless options for dining at the Samoset Resort. With authentic Italian cuisine and fresh flavors and seasonal ingredients available, the Samoset offers unique dining experiences.
La Bella Vita combines the tastes of Italy and Maine’s fresh ingredients and will wow anyone’s pallet. The menu includes delicious antipasti, fresh flatbread pizza, and tapas style dishes. The wood-fire brick oven situated next to the wine bar, Enoteca, is the perfect place to sit and soak in the urban Italian wine bar.
The Splash Pool Bar is an outdoor, casual dining area that is perfect for a quick bite. From burgers and salads to classic Maine lobster rolls, the menu has something for everyone (and even has a kids menu!). Looking for food while having fun? Take a break from the 18-hole golf course and grab something to eat at visiting the Clubhouse Grille. The Grille offers light lunch food and a full bar service—perfect for taking a break between tees or celebrating a new PR.
Things to Do
You haven’t vacationed until you’ve vacationed in Maine, or more specifically, at the Samoset Resort. There are a variety of activities for every age, in every season. The Samoset Resort offers:
- A 200,000-gallon “zero entry” swimming pool along with a hot tub.
- An indoor swimming pool.
- The Ultimate Backyard, which includes an outdoor pool, shuffleboard, tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, croquet, corn hole, a children’s playground, and a nine-hole disc golf course.
- The Samoset Kids Club, designed for children ages five to 12.
- The Club, which includes the Cardio Theater, Icarian Strength Center, and group exercise classes.
- A full-service spa.
The Samoset Resort is a gorgeous, luxurious resort perfect for a romantic getaway, a family retreat, and even business trips.