The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
This luxury lodge is the perfect place for a family vacation. Located on Lake Tahoe, there is plenty to do and explore in the winter and in the summer. Read more about why you should book the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe for the next family adventure.
This luxury resort is located just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, the second-deepest lake in the U.S. Guests can fly into the airport in Reno, Nevada, which is only 45 minutes away. The resort is also only 2 hours from Sacramento, and 4 from San Francisco. Lake Tahoe is the perfect location for both winter and summer. The resort also provides easy access to skiing at Northstar California.
Style & Character
This resort has a modern and clean style. It incorporates the beauty of the outdoors with a contemporary design. Many rooms have large windows that overlook Northstar, and the decor features accents of pine trees and tree branches. With warm woods and textured fabrics used for furnishings, the resort has that feeling of a luxury mountain lodge.
Guests at The Ritz-Carlton hotel experience nothing but luxury. Some of the amenities included are the following:
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Gas fireplaces
- Slope-side spa
- Backyard bar and BBQ
- Children’s program with interactive crafts and games
- A “marshmallow experience” each evening outside by the fire pit
- Valet parking
- In-room dining
The resort also has a spa and fitness center that includes lounge areas, saunas, and a whirlpool. The fitness center also offers exercise classes for guests to participate in.
The Ritz-Carlton at Lake Tahoe has a number of rooms that are perfect to accommodate a couple or the whole family. Read descriptions about each of the rooms they offer:
- Club Level Guest Rooms: This room is 455 square feet. IT has club-level access to the resort’s amenities, an oversized soaking tub to relax in after a long day on the slopes. These rooms are available with a king-sized bed or two queen-sized mattresses.
- Mountain View Guest Rooms: These rooms are also 455 square feet, but they have a phenomenal view of the slope-side of Northstar. Rooms are available with a King and two Queen sized beds. King rooms even feature a gas stove.
- Deluxe Guest Rooms: Available in a King or two Queen beds, these deluxe rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows with gorgeous views. There is a gas fireplace to add to the mountain lodge feel, and an oversized deep-soaking tub for relaxation.
- No View Guest Room: Rooms without a view are still gorgeous. With gas fireplaces, warm wood, and separate sitting areas, the No View rooms are cozy and spacious.
- Ritz-Carlton Suite: This suite has a spacious living area and a table that seats six, making it perfect for the family. Enjoy the gas fireplace and media room during your stay. The floor-to-ceiling window offers a great view too!
- Mountain View Slopeside Suite: This suite has a contemporary marble bathroom and additional powder rooms to accommodate more people. It also has floor-to-ceiling windows and a private balcony.
- Club Suite Slopeside: This suite can sleep four comfortably. It has a separate living room with a gas fireplace. Enjoy a personal balcony and the best view of the slopes.
- Larger Suites: The resort also has one, two, three, and four-bedroom residences. These are available with views of the slopes. These rooms feature more bathroom space and sleeping accommodations for large parties.
Food & Drink
The Ritz-Carlton at Lake Tahoe has a number of fantastic dining options. Get a reservation at the Manzanita, which serves up fresh ingredients seasoned to perfection. The open-concept design provides a great atmosphere for the family to get together.
For a more relaxed atmosphere, grab something at the Backyard Bar & BBQ. The St. Louis smoked ribs are delicious!
For a meal on the go, try a panini or pastry from Café Blue.
Things to Do
The Ritz-Carlton is one of the best resorts for both summer and winter. During the summer, guests can explore the mountains at Northstar. Northstar has a family-friendly playground that offers mountain adventures for kids. In addition, families have access to hiking trails right outside the hotel. Guests can also participate in watersports on the lake like kayaking or paddleboarding. Try visiting the Village at Northstar; in the village, guests can go roller skating, have fun on a bungee trampoline, or visit craft stores. And let’s not forget about the amazing skiing in the winter.