The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club
Experience Southern hospitality at this luxury lodge. This resort is laid out like an English-style manor and overlooks the Atlantic ocean. Guests will be enchanted at this intimate hideaway in Georgia. So find out what makes this lodge so special.
The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club is located on Sea Island located right on the scenic Atlantic Coast in central Georgia. The Lodge is one of the four experiences on Sea Island that have been recipients of the Forbes Five-Star Award for the past nine years. The Lodge offers guests a full luxury experience, including access to expansive golf courses and stunning views.
Style & Character
Equal parts resort and boutique hotel, the Lodge offers guests the best of Southern hospitality. With the remains of antebellum plantation visible from their rooms, guests can feel immersed in both the comfort of the past and modern luxury. This English-style manor offers exposed beams, deep wood, and soft beds for the ultimate cozy experience.
Amenities at the Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Access to a stunning private beach
- Access to three pools
- Access to the Spa at Sea Island
- Beach gear rentals
- Swimming lessons for children
- The Beach Club theater, which shows movies for the whole family
- Golf cart rentals
- A complimentary BMW 7 Series courtesy car for the duration of guests’ stays
Each room comes with rainhead showers and soaker tubs, complimentary Wi-fi, room service, and access to a 24-hour personal butler service, a Nespresso coffee maker, and a bathrobe. However, each guest can personalize their experience by choosing the size of their room and the breathtaking view from their windows or balcony. Rooms vary from 700 to 1,000 square feet, and guests can choose from a plush king or queen bed. See our detailed list of rooms below:
- Standard: These rooms are the most basic rooms in the resort, but do not disappoint. Guests can relax in a soaker tub and enjoy the courtyard view.
- Golf View: Overlook the rolling green golf course from your bedroom window. And enjoy the luxury of your own walk-in shower and soaker tub.
- Deluxe: Spacious enough for two, this room is complete with a large balcony that overlooks the Sea Island Plantation Course.
- Plantation Suite: This suite is 1,000 square feet of pure luxury. Wake up each morning to a view of the ocean.
- Seaside Suite: These large suites are as close to the ocean as you can get. It also has a gorgeous view of the #10 Fairway on the golf course that you can take in on your wrap-around balcony.
Food & Drink
Guests can choose between any of the three restaurants on location at the Lodge, including:
- Colt & Allison: an intimate steak house with panoramic views of the golf course
- Oak Room: a cozy restaurant with a wood-burning fireplace. Oak Room offers a mix of classic Southern dishes and signature dishes
- Men’s Locker Room: a more casual dining experience for golfers coming off the course. The Men’s Locker Room includes lunch, a full bar, and a cigar room.
Guests can also order delicious meals to be delivered directly to their rooms or eat at any of the other restaurants at Sea Island.
Things to Do
Guests can choose from a variety of unique experiences including three expansive luxury golf courses, private tours on the resort’s yacht, the Cloister Belle, and extensive nature trails for biking, hiking, and horse-riding. Additionally, the resort offers fine-dining, upscale shopping, and impressive in-house entertainment, so that guests never need to leave the resort to find what they are looking for.