Gateway Canyons Resort in Colorado
If you want to experience a relaxing western atmosphere, there’s no better place than the red rock canyons of Colorado. Gateway Canyons Resort is an award-winning getaway destination that is surrounded by beautiful scenery with many activities.
Gateway Canyons is located southwest of Grand Junction, Colorado. It is about five hours from both Denver and Salt Lake International airports, and only one hour from the Grand Junction Airport. It is very close to the Utah/Colorado border and is a great destination for the whole family.
Style & Character
Surrounded by the beautiful red rock of Unaweep Canyon, Gateway Canyons Resort compliments the scenic aura.The rock architecture, combined with the wood and red walls, portray an atmosphere that is unlike any other. There are many activities like horseback riding, shooting, and others that show the rich western culture and history.
Amenities & Activities
Gateway Canyons Resort is jam-packed with activities. Some of the many activities include:
- Hiking and climbing
- Off-road tours
- Sport shooting
- Mountain biking
- Air tours
- Fishing and river activities
- National parks
Guests can also explore Palisade Ranch, a nearby ranch that allows guests to ride horses, drive cattle, and get the whole western experience. There are multi-day packages available that include meals, amenities, and transportation.
The Gateway Canyons Resort has different accommodations to meet the needs of any vacation party. Here’s what they offer:
Included in these accommodations are Casitas, Hacienda Casitas, and Stargazer Casitas. All Casitas are one bedroom suites with at least one fireplace. They feature private decks with fire pits, some units with outdoor spas, outdoor showers, 5-fixture bathrooms with free standing tubs, custom artisan furnishings from Peru, views of the palisade, and more. Stargazer Casitas also offer two levels with an upstairs den and gazing deck.
Kiva Lodge includes Deluxe Rooms, Premium Rooms, Signature Room with Hot Tubs, Grand Kiva Signature Suites, and ADA Compliant Guestrooms. Most rooms are either a king bedroom that sleeps two or a double queen room that sleeps four. Many also offer a desk and sitting area, complimentary valet parking, HDTV, luxury robes, spa-quality body care products, and more. The ADA Compliant Guestrooms offer wheelchair accessible bathrooms as well as an ADA sink and shower.
The Kayenta Lodge offers Deluxe Rooms, Premium Rooms, and Signature Rooms with Hot Tubs. All rooms accommodate two people and offer a king-size SpringAir pillow top bed, interior fireplace, HD TV, spa-quality body care products, complimentary valet parking, private outdoor balcony or private outdoor patio, luxury robes, and more. The Signature Rooms offer an in-ground hot tub and fire pit.
At Gateway Canyons there is a dining venue to meet every palate. The list of choices include:
- Entrada is a restaurant serving rich flavors from the Colorado Plateau. The outdoor patio offers an incredible dining environment during a morning breakfast or evening dinner. Some of the delicious items of the seasonal menu include Thyme Roasted Chicken and a Filet of Beef.
- Paradox Grille offers southwestern and continental cuisine with entertainment. The laidback cuisine boasts things like the Grilled Angus Burger, Colorado Cobb Salad, and the famous Bourbon & Peach Glazed Pork Ribs. Upstairs, guests will find a gaming loft with a pool table, shuffleboard, and other enjoyable games.
- Kiva Cafe offers a peaceful atmosphere with light dishes. It is open seasonally and year-round for special parties. Kiva Cafe offers a great continental breakfast and many grab-and-go items for guests that are on the move.
- Cantina is a great place to take in the sunset and relax. Guests can enjoy something like a Chilled Tuna Tostada or Pork Fry Bread. The Cantina is the destination for poolside dining and relaxation.
- Duesey’s Diner offers a casual outdoor experience by a vintage food truck. The rustic diner promotes twists on classical sandwiches and blended malt shakes.
- Private Dining is another option offered by Gateway Canyons. Guests can get their alone time or just take in the scenery. A custom menu is prepared by the chef and a staff member attends to the guests’ every need. The different scenic locations offer different atmospheres.