Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Discover 65 luxury rooms and suites in the center of Sultanahmet Old City. The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul is the perfect stay for adventurers looking for a historic Turkish experience through Istanbul’s greatest treasures.
The Four Seasons Hotel is the located at the heart of Sultanahmet in Istanbul’s famous Old City. The hotel is minutes away from historic landmarks like Hagia Sophia and the gorgeous Topkapi Palace that was once served as the headquarters to the Ottoman Sultans.
Istanbul is actually located on two separate continents—Europe and Asia—making it the largest Turkish city and a blending spot of ancient cultures. Sultanahmet is located on the remains of the famous ancient city of Constantinople and is also a peninsula surrounded by the Golden Horn, Bosphorus, and Sea of Marmara.
Style & Character
The architecture of this area is rich with Neoclassical influence.This architecture boasts pointed arches, ornate tiles, and prominent domes and towers. The Four Seasons Hotel was once a prison, and you can still see elements of the original prison structure, including hand-painted lobby tiles, original wooden doorways and arched hallways, marble pillars with carvings by inmates, and a landscape courtyard that was once an exercise area. All of these elements create rich character and a style that is unique to this Four Seasons hotel.
Each hotel room is designed around the original unique architecture and filled with amenities to accommodate the modern needs. Each room has a refrigerated private bar, plasma TV, wired and wireless internet capabilities, and an MP3 docking station. Four Seasons also offers twice-daily housekeeping, a fitness center, and access to the pool at the nearby Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Bosphorus.
The Sultanahmet has 3 tiers of rooms including premier, deluxe, and superior. Each room is decorated in the Turkish theme with Neoclassical details. With a focus on warm neutral colors, the beautiful rooms provide high-quality comfort and modern amenities for guests.
The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet also features 5 gorgeous suite packages for their distinguished guests including:
- Marmara Suite: This suite has 3 private terraces with gorgeous views of Marmara Sea and Princess Islands.
- St. Sophia Suite: The St. Sophia Suite offers breathtaking views of Hagia Sophia and the surrounding neighborhood.
- Deluxe Suite: These exquisite rooms have unique floor plans that are perfect for entertaining guests.
- One-Bedroom Suite: These bedrooms have Featuring long, hardwood corridor and beautiful french windows that overlook the landscaped courtyard.
- Four Seasons Executive Suite: In this suite, doors separate the bedroom from the living area and there are large French windows overlooking the courtyard.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal served with fresh air and sunshine in the Seasons Restaurant. The glass-enclosed courtyard and outdoor terrace are both some of guests’ favorite dining locations. The beautifully landscaped garden makes the Seasons Restaurant an oasis of exquisite Turkish cuisine.
The A’YA Rooftop Lounge is an awe-inspiring terrace lounge located on the rooftop of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul. Settle in for drinks and get views of Old City, including a view of Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque.
Things To Do
Istanbul is a thriving, historic city. As a result, there is much to do and see while visiting this cultural melting pot. There are several famous landmarks within walking distance of Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet including the following:
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque: Also known as the Blue Mosque, the Sultan Ahmed Mosque is gorgeous structure and a popular tourist attraction. The neighborhood of Sultanahmet is also named after Sultan Ahmed, whose tomb can be found here.
- Hagia Sophia: Hagia Sophia is a museum of the former Greek Orthodox patriarchal basilica and Byzantine church.
- Topkapi Palace: Also called Seraglio, the Topkapi Palace was the headquarters of Ottoman Sultans for over 400 years. Today, it is a museum that holds several treasures from the original occupants.
- Basilica Cistern: These are the largest of the hundreds of underground, ancient cisterns located beneath Istanbul. Basilica Cistern was build in the 6th century and is a popular tourist site.
- Grand Bazaar: A historic labyrinth of color, the Grand Bazaar is one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the world, covering 61 streets and featuring over 4,000 souks and shops. This bazaar attracts around 250,000 to 400,000 visitors each day.
With all of this and more, you are sure to love your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Find more luxury hotel reviews at Luxury Trip Review.