Discovery Primea in Makati, Philippines
Makati is the heart of business and culture in the Philippines. Whether you are traveling for business or leisurely visiting, check out Discovery Primea for a classy and comfortable stay. Learn more about why you should book your next vacation here!
Discovery Primea is one of the most conveniently located hotels in the area. There are a number of companies within walking distance like Google, Hewlett Packard and AIG. Also, its location along Ayala Ave is very close to the Ayala Center which is a huge shopping center. Here you can find just about anything you could ever need. Guests should fly into the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, which is also located near the hotel.
Style & Character
The Discovery Primea is a timeless yet modern take on the classic mediterranean-chinoiserie. It’s 68 stories make it one of the tallest buildings in Makati, and it’s eloquent design was a remarkable accomplishment of the distinguished architect Kenzo Tange. The interior is a magnificent blend of comfort and style that provides an ambiance of a home away from home.
The hotel features several amenities including:
- Free cell phone upon check-in. The cell phone allows guests to have free local calls, 4G internet access, and international calls to USA, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong, at no extra charge.
- 24-hour, state-of-the-art gym. The gym equipment comes from TechnoGym, which is a cutting-edge leader of fitness equipment.
- Terazi Spa. The spa features its traditional Turkish bath as well as a luxurious and intimate treatments.
- Lily. Lily is a lifestyle shop full of beautiful local product lines including furniture, fashion accessories, home decor, and art pieces.
- Swimming Pool. This stunning pool is a quaint, heated infinity pool. Located on the third floor, the pool has a gorgeous view of the Makati Skyline.
Each room comes with complimentary High-speed internet access, LED TVs, and Nespresso machines to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Here are some of the rooms available at the hotel:
- Business Suite: The basic Business Suite includes an in-room safe, weighing scale, mini bar, and refreshment center.
- Executive Suite: The Executive Suite introduces a fully-furnished kitchen including a microwave, toaster, and induction cooking range. It also includes a washer and dryer in each unit.
- Primea Suite: These rooms feature the same amenities as the Executive Suites with a larger floor plan and more upgraded decor and furniture.
- The Executive Loft: These one-bedroom lofts are built for guests with extended stays. They feature a large area downstairs for entertaining guests, and a huge private bedroom full of comfort and timeless decor.
- The Primea Loft: The Primea Loft is the most eloquent room at the hotel with much more space than the Executive Loft. These lofts feature expansive balconies with amazing views to let guests take in the fresh air and scenery. The loft has 2 floors and a guest room, which makes entertaining guests seem effortless. Similarly, the fully-equipped kitchen and glassware make the loft ideal for hosting parties.
Food & Drink
The hotel features two restaurants for hotel patrons to choose from: Flame and Tapenade. Flame offers a delicious meal with a wonderful blend of European techniques and Asian flavors. It also offers a gorgeous view of the skyline and 2 private rooms for events or more intimate dining experiences. Tapenade offers freshly-baked pizzas and a salad bar. Also, it has a really good break fast buffet filled with delicious pastries and freshly baked breads.
The hotel also offers other dining options. 1824 is a premier whiskey and cigar lounge with several other drink options and even some food. Gilarmi Lounge pays homage to the original building the hotel replaced. It serves filipino-inspired drinks and tea. Edge features a bar with a gorgeous outdoor view of the makati Skyline. The Plunge is the poolside bar that features seasonal fruit drinks and cocktails.
Things To Do
Makati offers a wide array of things to do and places to see. Ayala Avenue, the street the hotel is located on, is considered the premier destination for shopping, entertainment, art, and culture. The Ayala Center is a hub for some of the high-end fashion and shopping experiences in the area. The hotels central location and grand banquet areas make it ideal for hosting business seminars, meetings, weddings, and celebrations of any kind.
So if you are planning a trip to the Philippines, book your stay at the Discovery Primea in Makati. And don’t forget to check out other hotel reviews by Luxury Trip Review.