Cape Grace Hotel in South Africa
The Cape Grace Hotel is an elegant resort that gives visitors the getaway of the lifetime. With state-of-the-art living areas, stunning views, impeccable food, and a relaxing pool and spa, Cape Grace Hotel gives visitors an experience they will never forget.
Cape Grace is located in Cape Town, South Africa, between the Victoria & Alfred waterfront and the local yacht marina. This location provides visitors with stunning views of the serene ocean and scenic Table Mountain. The resort is also in walking distance to a boardwalk with access to various shops and entertainment.
Style & Character
Cape Grace’s interior and exterior are designed with elegant detail and precision. Each room is carefully designed and adorned with local paintings and sculptures. Visitors can look to the South African past while taking in the regal atmosphere of the hotel, making this resort the perfect location to get to know Cape Town.
Visitors can indulge themselves in the various amenities offered. They can soak up rays in the pool and outdoor deck area, read a book in the library, or receive a relaxing body treatment at the spa.
Some of Cape Grace’s amenities include the following:
- 24-hour computer hubs
- Tea & coffee with wake-up calls
- 24-hour fitness studio
- Undercover parking
- Pool and outdoor deck area
Each of Cape Grace’s 120 guest rooms are uniquely designed so that each guest has a quality stay. Visitors can choose between 7 styles of rooms. Here’s what each of the rooms include:
- Luxury Room: Escape into the “Old World” with a Luxury Room. The Luxury Rooms are located on the first to third floors of the resort and house 2 adults and 1 child. Beautiful French doors lead out to a Juliet balcony where visitors can look out into the harbor for an incredible view.
- Table Mountain Luxury Room: Overlook the yacht marina and Table Mountain with the Table Mountain Luxury Rooms. They can each house 2 adults and 1 toddler. These rooms also include a reading area for quiet relaxation. Families can interconnect these rooms to others if needed.
- Superior Room: The Superior Room has a bigger living space for visitors than the Luxury Rooms. It has the capacity to fit 2 adults and 2 children. There is a spacious balcony that looks over the marina. Great for families!
- Rooftop Luxury Room: Located on the top floor, the Rooftop Luxury Room creates an atmosphere of cozy serenity. A quaint library and reading area are perfect for guests who want some downtime in their day. French doors also open to a luxurious patio where guests can enjoy breakfast and small meals. This room is a great private escape for those who want some peace and quiet during their stay.
- Rooftop Terrace Room: The Rooftop Terrace Rooms are also on the top floor of the resort. Visitors can find themselves in a spacious, classical-style room which includes a large balcony, a reading area, and a separate dressing area.
- Penthouse Suite: the Penthouse Suite is the most elaborate and exclusive of the accommodations. The extensive detail in the furnishings and design of the room will stun guests who stay here. This private rooftop room includes stunning wrap-around views, a private Jacuzzi, an outdoor dining area, a roomy lounge and walk-in closet, a PlayStation 4, a complimentary bar, and express laundry service. The Penthouse Suite is the ultimate guest experience!
Food & Drink
The Cape Grace Hotel offers guests a world-class dining experience. The Signal Restaurant is the resort’s choice restaurant. The dining room is adorned with handcrafted crystal chandeliers and elegant glass doors. Chefs prepare contemporary, gourmet recipes that will make your taste buds take off. The menu includes dishes such as ostrich steak, lamb shoulder, caramelized aubergine and chickpea salad, and mushroom tortellini.
Visitors can also visit the Bascule Bar in the morning for a cappuccino and light lunch, or drop by in the evening to grab a cocktail drink. There is also a whiskey tasting experience offered for guests here. In addition to these restaurants, guests can also enjoy a traditional meal by registering for an Afternoon Tea at the Cape Grace’s library where the resort serves delectable sweet treats and a steaming pot of tea to registrants.
Things to Do
Cape Grace’s location along the Victoria & Alfred waterfront gives visitors plenty of memorable experiences. Here are just a few fun activities for guests:
- Shop at the Plantandia boutique and purchase custom-made platinum, tanzanite, and diamond jewelry
- Ride the giant observation wheel at the cape
- Hop aboard a helicopter and ride along the Atlantic sea or winelands
- Hike or take an aerial cableway up Table Mountain
- Relax and watch African penguins on Boulders Beach
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Unwind with a Kalahari signature massage at the spa
- Sail the waterfront on Jolly Roger Pirate Boat
- Enjoy a champagne cruise aboard the Sea Princess.
- Experience nightlife at the Cape Town Comedy Club
And if you are looking for luxury resorts around the world, check out our other resort reviews.