Belmond Sanctuary Lodge at Machu Picchu
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is a gorgeous hotel tucked away in the beautiful scenery of Machu Picchu. The lodge is a short bus ride or walk away from the actual ruins of Machu Picchu and has amazing mountain views from the rooms for when you’ve finished your adventuring for the day. Discover what else this resort has to offer.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the closest hotel to the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu. Because this resort is situated in the Cusco region of Peru, there is plenty to see and do. You can explore the mysterious Inca ruins or visit Cusco, the capital city of the ancient Inca empire. Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is situated at a mountain summit, which can only be accessed by a private bus from the Aguas Calientes train station. However, this hotel is worth the travel.
Style and Character
The lodge is built to match its ancient surroundings. The external rough-cut stone and architecture style make the modern structure look like it belongs in the pristine mountainside of Machu Picchu. The accent wood included in the decor makes the lodge feel cozy and enhances the feeling that you are very close to an ancient city.
Service and Amenities
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge offers a variety of service packages that will help you maximize your Machu Picchu experience. Read some of the service packages below:
- Citadel Experience: This luxury accommodation includes a daily buffet breakfast and an à la carte lunch and dinner. Guests also have access to all beverages at the lodge (excluding premium brands). Additionally, guests receive two entrance tickets to the citadel along with a private guide.
- Journey to Machu Picchu: Explore Machu Picchu the right way. Guests with this experience receive the same services as the Citadel Experience along with a round-trip journey on the Belmond Hiram Bingham train.
- Spa Experience: Relax during your stay at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge with this luxury accommodation. It includes daily buffet breakfast and; à la carte lunch and dinner. Guests also receive one private champagne breakfast, but have access to all beverages (excluding premium brands). Plus, enjoy a 60-minute massage for two.
- Sunday at the Citadel: Guests receive everything included in the Journey to Machu Picchu, with the exception of the guided tour of the ruins.
- Bed and Breakfast: This luxury accommodation includes daily buffet breakfast.
- Half Board Package: The Half Board Package includes everything included in Bed and Breakfast, plus a guest’s choice of lunch or dinner.
- Advance Purchase Offer: This offer includes daily buffet breakfast; à la carte lunch and dinner, along with access to all beverages (excluding premium brands).
- Best Available Rate: Enjoy this luxury accommodation that includes welcome amenities and daily buffet breakfast plus à la carte lunch and dinner.
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge offers several different room accommodations to meet your needs. While each room is gorgeous, some rooms offer more space and amenities than others. Learn about the different room types below.
- Standard Rooms: The standard rooms include a king size bed or two twin size beds, a marble bathroom and shower, a minibar, and all typical modern amenities like a satellite TV, DVD player, an alarm clock, and wireless internet.
- Superior Terrace Rooms: These rooms include the same features of the Standard Room and also feature an additional furnished terrace to help you get the most out of your mountain view.
- Deluxe Rooms: The deluxe rooms have a marble bathroom, minibar, and modern amenities in addition to an outstanding panoramic view.
- One-Bedroom Suites: These rooms are bigger than the other three and include a living area that is separate from the bedroom. It also includes the outstanding mountain views from a terrace.
Food and Drink
All Belmond Sanctuary Lodge packages include your choice of beverages (except premium brands). The dining options vary from package to package, but the in-house Tempu Restaurant and Tinkuy Buffet Restaurant serve a variety of international and Peruvian dishes, salads and desserts. Make sure to try some of their local cuisine.
Things to Do
The various packages that Belmond Sanctuary Lodge offers makes it easy to stay busy and entertained during your stay in the Machu Picchu mountains. In addition to the service packages, Belmond Sanctuary Lodge can help you get what you want out of your experience in the beautiful country of Peru. See the major tourist sites of Lima or raft down the Urubamba River. And if you want to explore the area on your own, make sure to try some of the famous hiking trails that have great views of the mountains.